Mini-Split Repair In Jersey Village, Cypress, Katy, TX and Surrounding Areas
Every home has to have excellent heating and air conditioning. A mini-split system is essential to feel comfortable at home, whether at winter’s peak or summer’s height. Whichever mini-split system you choose, it’s vital that you look after it and routinely perform mini-split maintenance to avoid frequent mini-split repair! Contact us for mini-split repair in Jersey Village, Cypress, Katy, TX, and surrounding areas.
Why Is It Essential To Maintain Your Mini-Split?
You know how important it is to maintain a clean, germ-free house as a homeowner. You clean the majority of the surfaces in your home, including the bathroom and kitchen counters. The ducts and HVAC systems are areas homeowners frequently neglect to maintain clean.
Your home’s air quality may suffer if the bacteria, germs, and other allergens in your ducts and HVAC systems are not removed regularly. Bacterial disinfection during your mini-split service will improve the air quality in your home.
Living in a house with poor IAQ can cause several health problems, such as shortness of breath, itchy eyes, sore throats, and more. Improved IAQ can help you stay healthier and ultimately save you money. Your system’s lifespan will increase if you invest in regular mini-split system maintenance.
Typical Mini-Split Issues Requiring Repair:
- Dripping Water: There can be an issue with the condensate drain or drain line if your mini-split is dripping or not draining water. A mold-filled obstruction in a drain line causes water to back up, and the spill is to be expected.
- Strange Noise: Mini-splits often make little noise while they’re running. However, there are two circumstances in which they might make noise. When a system is in use, the plastic casing may expand or contract, creating popping or clicking.
If your mini-split enters defrost mode to stop ice, you might hear swooshing, cracking, or gurgling. These noises are regular, so you shouldn’t be alarmed if you hear them. However, if your mini-split often enters the defrost mode, something may be wrong, such as a faulty circuit board, low refrigerant, or broken sensors.
- No Heating or Cold Air Blowing: Ice on the coils may be to blame if your mini-split is not producing heat or warm air. A defective circuit board, insufficient refrigerant, or malfunctioning sensors can all cause iced-over coils.
- No Cooling or Warm Air Blowing: There may be a refrigerant leak if your mini-split is not cooling or blowing warm air. Your mini-split air conditioner uses refrigerant to transfer heat and keep your home cold. Make a call to a qualified HVAC expert to get these leaks fixed.
- Not Removing Moisture: A mini-split effectively dehumidifies throughout the summer, much like an air conditioner. However, mold in the drain pipe prevents this from happening. If your mini-split air conditioner is oversized, that could also contribute to poor de-humidification. An oversized system will cool a space too quickly without giving it enough time to dehumidify.
- Unusual Odors: Your ductless mini-split is attempting to alert you something is amiss if it smells. You may have a mold problem if your mini-split smells musty, sour, or mildewed. You most likely have a refrigerant leak if your mini-split emits a sweet or vinegar-like stench. Call a professional for mini-split repair.